god's country

god's country
near carrick-a-rede

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Lovely time

Oh I love the Zoo!

We met the tapir’s, as I said before – it was world Tapir day on the 27th of April, and we had been particularly disappointed not to see the Tapir. Apparently Belfast Zoo has had Tapirs since 1995 (or 1991?)- But we had never seen or heard of them! We were all the more frustrated to learn that the time before last that we had been to the zoo with friends they had had a BABY tapir – which I am sure you all know are the cutest things in THE WHOLE WORLD. My pics of the Tapirs were a bit disappointing to be honest, but I found this wonderful picture by Brendan Wenzel on his blog: http://www.brendanwenzel.info/blog . In fact, this blog appears to have amazing artwork and NOTHING at all else on it!


There isn’t much else going on really. The parental units finally managed to get away to Spain (3rd flight lucky) and now of course may not be able to get back again. Alastair is sick – he’s been under the weather for a week now. This is the longest he has been ill since I’ve known him. Even when he had the mumps he was only sick for 3 days, so I’m pretty worried about him. Also he has now developed what I believe is referred to as an IRRITATING cough…. Not getting much sleep at the moment.


I’m getting ready to book my driving test now – very nearly ready! I’m pretty nervous though, I’m going to have to just bite the bullet I think. I’ve been distracting myself making jewellery and cards and so on. Still no sewing machine though, but I’ve just bought this month’s BurdaStyle and it has lots of lovely things that I want to make. I can’t wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps Alastair's cough results from that volcanic ash? The morning news here in Virginia reported that flights were again cancelled out of England and Ireland. Anyway, hope he feels better soon. And I don't believe I've ever seen a napir...what an incredible photo. He's darling! Going to have to Google to learn more about these critters! Good luck on your driving test!

    ReplyDelete